These worksheets have been designed to support student health visitors in their development as a Health Visitor and to assess their ability to apply theory taught in the University and by their Practice Teacher/Mentor into Practice.
1. Surveillance and assessment of the population’s health and well-being
2. Collaborative working for health and well-being
3. Working with, and for, communities to improve health and well-being
4. Developing health programmes and services and reducing inequalities
5. Policy and strategy development and implementation to improve health and well-being
6. Research and development to improve health and well-being
7. Promoting and protecting the population’s health and well-being
8. Developing quality and risk management within an evaluative culture
9. Strategic leadership for health and well-being
10. Ethically managing self, people and resources to improve health and well-being.
Under each of the Principles are a number of Proficiencies totalling 24 in all. Each of the worksheets are designed to assist Practice Teachers to assess student health visitor competence in each proficiency.
Practice Teachers and Mentors will have the answer sheets with answers to the quizzes and suggestive responses to some of the other questions.
We hope that students will enjoy undertaking these worksheets and that they will assist them in their development as a safe, competent and effective health visitor.
1 Delivering the health visitor ‘Call to Action’
2 Understanding epidemiology
3 Common childhood illnesses
5 Health promotion
6 Assessment of the health and development of the neonate
7 Baby stools and urine in the first 6 months of life
8 Sleep and sleep problems during the first year of life
9 Antenatal care
10 Neuroscience and attachment
© LCB RESOURCES LTD - 2018 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED